A burning in the chest is not the only physical symptom of heartburn. There are many physical symptoms. These physical symptoms can also take an emotional toll on you.
When you experience heartburn two or more days a week, you have what is called frequent heartburn. Thankfully Prevacid®24HR can help you prevent frequent heartburn before it starts.
Physical Symptoms of Heartburn
- Burning sensation in the chest just below or behind the breastbone
- Sore throat or hoarseness
- Discomfort that can get worse when you're lying down
- Feeling like the food you just ate has become “stuck” in your throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Sour taste / burning in the mouth or the back of the throat
Emotional Effects of Heartburn
- Heartburn can make it harder for you to stay focused on the things you need to get done
- It can make you ill-tempered or less patient
- It can take the joy out of time spent with friends and family
- Heartburn makes it more difficult to sleep, which can affect your quality of life