Not just another over-the-counter
Prevacid®24HR works differently from other over-the-counter heartburn treatments.
Prevacid®24HR is part of a newer class of acid-reducer medicines called Proton Pump Inhibitors (also known as PPIs). It prevents acid that causes heartburn pain for a full 24 hours with one pill a day. It works by stopping the release of most acid into the stomach. As with all over-the-counter PPIs, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours, it may take 1-4 days for full effect.
With so many heartburn medications out there, it's important to know how Prevacid®24HR works. We thought we'd share how Prevacid®24HR is different — and how it could make the difference.
The Prevacid®24HR Value
- A trusted name in an OTC frequent heartburn treatment.
- Medicine on shelf:
- Prevacid®24HR is the only over-the-counter heartburn medicine that contains the active ingredient lansoprazole.
- Strong enough to prevent acid that causes heartburn pain for a full 24 hours with one pill a day.
- Prevacid®24HR has been proven safe and well-tolerated in clinical studies. For years, doctors have prescribed Prevacid® to treat acid-related conditions in millions of people safely.
- When doctor visits and medication costs for frequent heartburn are taken into account, Prevacid®24HR, for the treatment of frequent heartburn, may save consumers time and money. OTC medicines, like Prevacid®24HR, can cost less than branded prescription acid reducers.
- In two clinical trials, nearly 90% of people who used Prevacid®24HR were satisfied.*
* Kushner PR, et al.Postgrad Med. 2009;121(4):67-75;